- 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A1AF
- +44 (0) 20 7628 2000
Our services and our team
Fox Williams has a strong reputation for providing immigration law services to businesses and individuals, and our team has a particular focus on dealing with immigration applications that are complex, and which require a focussed and tailor-made approach. We represent clients who are making applications for leave to remain under the Immigration Rules, naturalisation/registration as a British Citizen, applications as an EEA national, and applications under EEA Regulations and the EU Settlement Scheme.
When we act for individuals making applications to the Home Office (UK Visas and Immigration) we offer a partner-led approach. Our services are provided always by a team of qualified immigration lawyers supervised by a partner. This distinguishes our approach from other legal services providers who rely heavily on a team of unqualified paralegals or OISC providers. We use technology to ensure efficient document management and liaison between lawyers and the client. We also take time to properly explain the risks at each stage and to work with our clients to ensure that we devise and agree the most appropriate strategy and that the process that we advise on and manage is run as cost effectively as possible. We would be happy to provide an assessment and a bespoke budget to you for undertaking work of this nature which will depend on the factors set out below.
Our Immigration team comprises
For information about the expertise of the lawyers who can work with you, please click on the name of an individual above.
Our hourly rates range between £230* and £500*.
On average applications take between 4 and 20 hours to complete, depending on:
- The number of applicant(s) and whether you will be applying with any family members
- The length and complexity of the required application documentation (issued by the Home Office) which is dependent on the type of application you will make
- The amount of additional supporting documentation that may be required and that we need to consider
- Any recent and relevant decisions/case law which could affect the outcome of your application.
We would estimate fees of between approximately £3,000* and £12,000* for undertaking the work described below.
If you are able at our first meeting and/or after our initial correspondence to provide sufficient evidence and you clearly meet the applicable Immigration Rules, the cost is likely to be at the lower end of the range quoted above.
However, no application is the same, and our fees will reflect the particular requirements that the Immigration Rules will impose on your circumstances. For example, an intra-company transfer type application will be less complex than an application for a new hire, or where advertising may be required, or you are making an application for permanent residence based on long residence. Because of this, we can’t give you a reliable estimate of the cost of helping you until we have details of the intended application, and understand the level of assistance required, to include telephone advice, emails etc . If the case has added complications, we will be able to let you know straight away and confirm what impact that may have on the cost of the transaction.
Please note that the anticipated number of hours and the applicable fees are an estimate and could vary, as every application contains different information which could influence what is required from us and from you, as well as the amount of time required to prepare and submit the application. We should be able to give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
The above fees do not include disbursements such as Home Office fees, translations, and any third party fees, should you wish to be accompanied to any appointment at the Home Office or elsewhere. Details of the required Home Office fees in connection with a particular application can be found here; or you can get in touch so that we can provide a breakdown of the required fees.
Details of services
- Discussing your circumstances and the situation in detail and confirming which is the most appropriate application for you to make and what other options may be open to you
- Advising as to the requirements of the Immigration Rules and other applicable law, which may be applicable to yourself and, if necessary, to any other party (such as your employer or any family members)
- Advising how to overcome particular problems or issues should your application, for example, fail to fulfil certain criteria
- Where necessary, helping you to obtain further evidence
- Preparing your application, including completion of mandatory forms and other documents in support of the application
- Submission of the application to the Home Office (generally UK Visas and Immigration), making any payment required and advising you as to attendance in person or expedited processing if required
- Giving you advice about the outcome of the application including any action you may need to take.
We cannot guarantee how long any application will take to be processed by the Home Office, but we will let you know how long we anticipate it will take to thoroughly prepare the matter for submission.
We will normally be able to submit an application within 1-3 weeks of your instructions, but this depends on how quickly we receive the documentation and information we have requested from you.
* Disbursements, sundry charges and vat
All estimated fee amounts and rates in this section are exclusive of disbursements, sundry charges and VAT.
We invoice for disbursements paid or payable on behalf of clients (such as official filing fees, couriers or company search fees). We will not incur significant disbursements on behalf of clients without their prior approval but we may require a payment on account of these. We add a sundry charge to our fees of an amount of up to 3.5% (plus VAT) of the fees to cover communications and document production charges. We also invoice for VAT if applicable, at the prevailing rate, which is usually 20%.