- 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A1AF
- +44 (0) 20 7628 2000
Matt is an associate in Fox William’s employment team.
Matt acts for a broad array of clients. Whilst much of Matt’s experience lies in advising both employers and senior individuals in financial services, he is well accustomed to advising businesses in other sectors. He enjoys advising SMEs and start-ups.
Matt advises on all aspects of employment law. This includes:
- Navigating tricky scenarios with employees, including disciplinaries, grievances and dismissals
- Handling settlement negotiations and settlement agreements
- Drafting employment, consultancy and secondment agreements
- Advising on complex issues such as restrictive covenants, holiday pay, sickness and disability
- Bonus disputes
Matt has a strong passion for acting in contentious matters, including in complex discrimination and whistleblowing cases, in relation to which he has significant experience at both the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal. Matt is also well-versed in advising clients in relation to the employment aspects of corporate transactions and the application of TUPE to business transfers.
Matt studied law at the University of Warwick and then completed the Legal Practice Course in London. Matt trained at Olswang (now CMS Nabarro Olswang) and following this spent time at Kingsley Napley and Wedlake Bell.