- 10 Finsbury Square, London EC2A1AF
- +44 (0) 20 7628 2000
Rebecca is a senior associate in the firm’s dispute resolution practice. She is also a member of Fox Williams' civil fraud, professional practices, agentlaw and fashion law teams.
Rebecca has acted on a wide range of domestic and multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes. In particular, Rebecca specialises in agency and distributorship litigation, corporate transactional and corporate governance claims, financial and banking litigation and partnership and employment disputes. She is experienced in bringing and resisting applications for urgent interim injunctive relief, predominantly for clients in the fashion, retail, financial services and professional services sectors.
Rebecca’s focus is on High Court litigation but she has also successfully represented an individual in the Privy Council (on appeal from the Court of Appeal of Jamaica) for payment of his pension supplementation.
Rebecca’s recent cases have included:
- enforcing a judgment of the Arizona Supreme Court in the English High Court. Related proceedings were also on foot in Hong Kong, Bermuda, Rhode Island and California;
- acting for the former group chief executive of one of the main UK retail banks in his claims for unpaid bonuses;
- resisting an application to stay court proceedings in favour of arbitration, and defending an application for urgent interim relief for delivery up of stock held by the UK and Ireland distributor of a well-known wearable/mountable technology brand;
- a £2.6 million breach of warranty claim against a subsidiary of major global advertising and public relations company, Publicis Groupe SA;
- a claim for redress from one of the main UK retail banks as a result of the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products;
- a claim on behalf of a large UK fashion agency against a major US denim brand for seven-figure compensation due under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993;
- obtaining significant interim injunctive relief on behalf of an insurer claimant against a former broker and his new business; and
- advising a supplier of innovative health and medical products on jurisdictional issues arising out of its agreements with its distributor in France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg.
Rebecca graduated from The University of Kent in 2008 with an honours degree in Law. She completed her LPC at BPP in London, after which she undertook an internship in a law firm in Beijing, China.